Here you will find the basics for maintaining your TPE Sex Doll, we recommend cleaning and proper storing of the dolls after each use. Dolls kept in storage must be kept dry and powdered. Due to the nature of the TPE it will collect dust and lint easily and always remember to thoroughly wash and dry all dark colored clothing. The dye used in some clothing can permanently stain your dolls skin.
1. Powder up
Make sure the sex doll is well-powdered always. You can use neutral-smelling baby powder or any variant with a fragrance you particularly fancy. Have monthly checkups at least just to see if the doll is still sufficiently powdered, but for TPE dolls, the more often, the better. This goes double if you use your doll particularly often. And beyond this being a good way to maintain your doll, it also makes the skin a lot smoother and softer to the touch. It’s good for your doll and also good for you.
2. Moisture is not your friend
Keep your doll dry. Yes, you have to actively clean the doll after use, but be sure to towel off afterwards. You have to especially make sure even the insides are dry since that’s when some moisture tends to hide from your attention. Like it was said before, TPE is porous and any excess moisture will find its way deeper into the doll and eventually ruin it with mold and material damage. The powder mentioned in the previous tip will also help immensely with keeping your doll moisture-free.
3. Air Dry
Expose the sensitive crevices of your sex doll to air when it is not in use. This ensures you that no remaining moisture or water vapor is trapped in the orifices without you knowing. Otherwise, mold might start growing in the cavities and that’s not what you want at all. If it gets too bad, your doll might as well be a paperweight at that point. So be sure to keep the doll’s vagina free from any inserts you might have used when it’s not currently being used. To be extra safe, keep a shaft or something similar to keep the doll’s holes opened to vent out any moisture.
When drying, absolutely do not use blow dryers. Although you want your sex doll as dry as possible, the concentrated bursts of hot air will damage TPE.
These are the three main guidelines you have to follow to maximize the use and longevity of your TPE doll and to minimize any unwarranted risk of mold or untimely degradation.
When it comes to actual cleaning and use, you have to take note of materials you can use and those that you can’t.
- Antibacterial soap and water: go for mild soap or those that you can purchase from your vendor and are specially made for TPE sex dolls. As for water, you’ll want warm water as opposed to cold ones; this helps you clean the doll faster and more thoroughly.
- Toy/Doll cleaners: These can also be used to clean your sex doll but you have to check the cleaner’s manufacturing details and possibly do a little research to find out if they work well on thermoplastic elastomers.
- Mild shampoo and conditioner: These are specifically for your doll’s wigs and hair. Use them as you would on real hair and try not to do it too often. Overuse will cause damage and hairfall.
- Cloths and towels: When cleaning or drying up the sex doll, go for air drying or towel drying.
- Water-based lubes: These types of lubricants will be much easier to clean and won’t react negatively with TPE.
Do not use:
- Bleach: This is much too harsh for TPE and will degrade the material and ruin your doll’s aesthetics.
- Rubbing Alcohol: Like with bleach, this does not go well with TPE. It will break down the material and end up damaging the doll.
- Dish soap: Dish soap works too harshly on stains since it is made to combat food stains. As such, it’s too strong for TPE sex dolls.
- Boiling water: Warm water is good for cleaning sex dolls but any extreme temperature is bad for TPE, so avoid using boiling water.
- Oil-based lubes: Not only will oil-based fluids be much harder to clean off of TPE, certain types actually react negatively with TPE and end up damaging the material.
So is it still worth getting a TPE doll if there are so many maintenance factors to consider. Well, the pros outnumber the cons in many ways:
- They are hypoallergenic and safe
- Free of any phthalate and latex
- Life-like and has realistic bounce
- Neutral scent
- Is a soothingly soft material